Vrooom



My friend wanted to watch the First F1 Night Race but when she was searching for tickets it was almost sold out... the only available tickets were the expensive ones... who would buy a ticket worth 2500++ SGD? We certainly wouldn't! =P I even told her that such amount of money is already worth a 'pangkabuhayan showcase' back home. She sadly accepted the fact that she won't be able to watch the race... But I guess she prayed hard that this morning she got this text message from a friend telling her that she has 2 extra tickets for the race Saturday night... you should have seen the excitement in her eyes when she got this message. So what we did was call Che (the friend) and ask her about the ticket... if its true or something.. hehe.. it was true indeed and she just told me to pick up the tickets from their pad. :) it was right there waiting. hahaha! I am not really a fan of F1 but still I know it would be fun. So there, I got the tickets and saw that is was actually like an ID with cool black lanyard with the SG flag. I immediately loved it!

When we got to the venue, there were really a lot of people. You can easily feel the excitement in the air... people are walking to and fro... some are happily chatting while finding the right spot while others are gathered on the memorabilia booths. We checked out the items available there and some are really nice but as you might have guessed, over priced. haha! still alot of people are buying. My friend bought a team Mercedes windbreaker in black and gray while I bought a Hamilton dry fit shirt for half the price! hahaha! It was the last of its size and it was the one on display so its a bit dirty that's why I asked for discount and the boss gave me 50% off! :) I loved the shirt! I know that it was just dirt, Vanish will take care of it. hehe!

Watching the racers pass by was one thing, hearing the vroooooooooooom is another... we really had to wear ear plugs because the sound they produce is really loud. You will feel a different excitement when you hear the roar of the tires... even if you're not a fan, you will still be excited about it. :)

I am happy to witness the first F1 Night Race even if it's just the elimination round. I felt the thrill. I know that the finals will be more exciting, we will be lucky if we'll have another free pass... hahaha! I wish... but if not, I am still thankful to Che for the free tickets :)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. it's been a while since I last visited your blog and I didn't know you had an entry on the F1 race! I couldn't agree more on this F1 thing! I myself wasn't a fan before but the thrill and excitement while you're there and hearing those cars whizz by is just an exhilarating experience! Ang gwapo pa ng mga drivers jusmio! So pano, kitakits ulit sa next race? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts