see the sea

I'm new to diving... tried it once and loved it! I am now planning to take up a course in open water diving.

This hobby is not that cheap mind you.


After my first 2 dives ( I was lucky they let me have 2 dives for my intro dive) in Coron, Palawan, I've been very busy online learning about wetsuits, masks, fins etc. in preparation for my class. The quality of a product is important especially if you are planning to really use it regularly. My first step was to buy a mask and snorkel which I think is essential. And look at what we found in th dive shop! A hotpink x vision model from Mares. I was not really sure what to buy because I have no idea then what is good or not. I mean, regarding the brand, I know that Mares is good but I am not familiar with other features to consider. So when I first saw this pink one, it was love at first sight! I so loved the color and the fit is good. The shop manager told me that I've got good taste when I showed him the mask i liked... then I found out that it has this special liquidskin feature and in fact the latest one from Mares. Then I remember how important it is to have a strap cover, so I got this 'she dives' strap cover which is really nice. The next task was to look for a snorkel that will match the mask and found this greyish hydrex flex snorkel. I think it matches the mask because of its silver face.
After paying for the purchases, I still can't get enough of the shop and I just have to try a wetsuit! ( I am really excited) I have no idea what size I should buy because I've never tried one at all. I mean from a shop, ofcourse I wore one during my dive, it was a shorty and i didn't like it that much. So this time I will try on a full wetsuit from bare, the size was big,(eew) the manager was not even sure if it will fit me, I am confident though that it will... and it did. It was just a bit long because the size was not asian fit. So the manager told me to check the bare site first for other ideas and if I cannot find one that suits me well, they can make a custom made suit just for me.
As of now I am still considering what kind of suit to buy, but for sure it will be a full suit. I can't wait for my next dive and see more of the sea. :)





Comments

  1. Welcome future ambassador of the sea :)See you in the waters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts